To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Login/stats field in bitcomet client totalled

Hi there forum! Since I installed bitcomet on my fresh install of windows xp I got a major problem with the bottom left field of my client. I can't login or see any stats. It only shows a plain html version of what I'm supposed to see like...

From: "Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 8" Subject: Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:30:39 +0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="text/html"; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_006C_01CB3320.D3DFA310" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.1.7600.16543 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006C_01CB3320.D3DFA310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Location: file://D:\home\BC-update\passport_info\login_en\passport_info_en_us.html =EF=BB=BF  
 (0%) 

Level:  
Score:  
Title:  
Ranking:  

=C2=B7 = Movies=20  =C2=B7 AtComet=20  
=C2=B7 Blogs=20  =C2=B7 = Software 
=C2=B7 Games=20  =C2=B7=20 Albums 

.... etc

Even though I can download fine. I'm still bugged with the field not showing up correctly. Anyone knows what might be the problem?

Thx in advance!

The troubleshoot page said "This problem is usually caused by the corruption of Outlook." but I don't even have that application on my windows xp since it's stripped off. I can't image what Outlook Express? has to do with bitcomet. So if I install a version of outlook it will fix?

The clues are coming together...

Since I installed bitcomet on my fresh install of windows xp

And now...

don't even have that application on my windows xp since it's stripped off

So I'm guessing you have a hacked/stripped verison of winXP?

To answer your question...

I can't image what Outlook Express? has to do with bitcomet.

The key to the problem is Internet Explorer. BitComet uses Internet explorer to display web data in our client. This is necessary because if we didn't use IE, then we'd have to install web browser support in the client itself which would increase the size of the installer and the resources needed to run it.

When Internet exploer fails to display properly in the comet ID pane, one of the most common causes is related to outlook express which is bundled with windows XP, but if you have a modified version of windows, then you may have a problem. Some more info about exactly what OS you're running would be necessary to try to help you.

The key to the problem is Internet Explorer. BitComet uses Internet explorer to display web data in our client. This is necessary because if we didn't use IE, then we'd have to install web browser support in the client itself which would increase the size of the installer and the resources needed to run it.

When Internet exploer fails to display properly in the comet ID pane, one of the most common causes is related to outlook express which is bundled with windows XP, but if you have a modified version of windows, then you may have a problem. Some more info about exactly what OS you're running would be necessary to try to help you.

Ok thanks that cleared up some stuff. I stripped some features from my original cd to improve performance and thus I didn't include outlook express so maybe I'll try recovering it from the original cd. With a clean install I just meant I recently reinstalled the OS.

Thanks for your reply!

Edited by Hackerx72 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there forum! Since I installed bitcomet on my fresh install of windows xp I got a major problem with the bottom left field of my client. I can't login or see any stats. It only shows a plain html version of what I'm supposed to see like...

From: "Saved by Windows Internet Explorer 8" Subject: Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:30:39 +0800 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="text/html"; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_006C_01CB3320.D3DFA310" X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.1.7600.16543 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006C_01CB3320.D3DFA310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Location: file://D:\home\BC-update\passport_info\login_en\passport_info_en_us.html =EF=BB=BF  
 (0%) 

Level:  
Score:  
Title:  
Ranking:  

=C2=B7 = Movies=20  =C2=B7 AtComet=20  
=C2=B7 Blogs=20  =C2=B7 = Software 
=C2=B7 Games=20  =C2=B7=20 Albums 

.... etc

Even though I can download fine. I'm still bugged with the field not showing up correctly. Anyone knows what might be the problem?

Thx in advance!

i have the same problem i can sign in on the net but when i try to sign in on bitcom itself when downloading it tells me that password length should be within 6-20 characters and my password is 8 characters but on the other computer it will let me do it

Please don't assume it's the same problem, there are several issues related to internet explorer that can cause problems with the cometID pane. Please look at the link I posted above, and if you need further help, make your own topic after reading the "READ THIS before posting" topic.

If it is your intention to help this member, then you'r welcome to post any thoughts you may have in his topic.