To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Managing 2 BC

Hello! I have two computers in my network and a copy of BC installed on each. What happens when they download the same file at the same time? Do they synchronize themselves or do I need to sync them manual somehow or should I avoid this situation at all to ensure they don't download the same piece so my rating does not drop down?

Edited by stanishepard (see edit history)

I can't think of any advantage to want to do this, and a lot of reasons not to. It would be far easier and more efficient to download the files to one PC, then transfer them if you want them on more then one pc. If you have two computers running torrents, then they will compete for available bandwidth and in most cases this will have a huge impact on the performance of your torrents.

If you're trying to increase your download speed, then it could have the opposite effect. Your best option would be to adjust your settings to use as much of your bandwidth as possible while reserving enough for efficient communications. If you want help with this, refer to the "READ THIS" topic linked in my signature and reply with all the info, and make sure no other computers or programs are using your internet connection when you run speed tests.