To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

"Download Complete" Sound Sample

I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn down the "Download Complete" blip that plays on the speakers every time a torrent is completed. Sometimes I'm studying with earphones and I get blasted by that sound, I do not want to turn it off - but I also do not wanted to go deaf from that sample file playing after downloads are done.

Does this question make sense?

Thank you

~Eusebio

There is a way to change this.

go to your bitcomet\fav folder and find the file "download-complete.wav" and replace it with any .wav file with the same name. You can even record your own. Make sure to keep it small and short, I'm not sure if a longer audio file will cause unexpected problems, so best to be safe.

If your using Vista or Seven and have "system use app data" option set to true, then you can find this file in...

c:\users\your name\appdata\roaming\bitcomet\fav

Other windows versions and settings will vary, but if you do a search for the file (enable hidden/system files) you should be able to find it.

ps. there are a ton of windows default .wav sounds, you can pick any one of them and copy the file while changing the name, in case you don't want to make your own .wav file. If your really ambitious you can edit the .wav so it doesn't play as loud, but as for the volume, that's not controlled by bitcomet, it's your windows audio settings.