To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet doesn't report statues on my trackers

BeNoo

Hii,

I am a new member here :) and came searching for a solution/suggestion for my problem.

The problem is that bitcomet doesn't report status back at ever to my trackers ( the status of downloaded/uploaded of my torrents nearly changes).They are private trackers i don't know if its allowed to post their name or not here but if someone asked ,I would post them.I was using v1.28 at first and noticed that problem through my snatchlist in tracker site so i upgraded to v1.29 and still the problem exists.a friend of mine has the same problem too.

P.S : I was using uTorrent before with the same trackers and that problem was not happening with me.

And according to READ THIS before posting topic:-

1) v1.29 64 bit version.

2) ADSL.

3) I have a router "Repotec RP-IP2404" and I have forwarded my port.

4) No,I don't use.

5) Win 7 ultimate x64 with Avira Premium Security Suite.

Regards.

The download size and upload size of my torrents are not being reported properly to tracker ( like i download 1G by bitcomet and only 100mega only reported as downloaded to tracker ).

bitcomet doesn't report status back at ever to my trackers ( the status of downloaded/uploaded of my torrents..... )

Regards.

This claim has been investigated dozens of times and always proved to be false. If you want yet another investigation, then you need to provide information to begin with. For example, exactly what was reported, exactly what should have been reported. to say your claim is vague would be an understatement, but I can tell you this. BitComet sends the exact stats that bittorrent protocol requires. This has been confirmed by independent testing (see the topolski report) and many other tests. We've even introduced a feature that you can use to prepare a log of all data sent to private trackers.

Here's some reading you can do on this subject.

http://torrentfreak.com/images/TorrentFreak-Interview-BitComet.pdf

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/8945/study_examining_the_myths_and_facts_concerning_bitcomet_behavior/

So,What i am supposed to do after reading these articles for my problem? :unsure:

Okay you giving me an evidence that Bitcomet reports well while its not with me ,So?

And for lack of information about exactly what was reported, exactly what should have been reported.I pm you a screenshot of my snatchlist.

for starters, why do you think bitcomet is not reporting something correctly? You've demonstrated no problem, let alone shown any evidence that any problem that may exist is a fault of bitcomet. I don't even know what the stats are that your claiming are wrong.

You need to have a lot of data to begin to suspect there may be a problem, so far all you've done is say your stats are wrong, but you've shown no stats in bitcomet, none in the tracker...

Step one, prove there is a problem

Step two, determine if it's bitcomet, the tracker, or something else.

So far we haven't even begun to approach step one.