To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

several bugs

puttachinku

Bitcomet 1.30 (X64)

I found several bugs in the latest edition (some of this are already reported)

1.In 'size left' column data value won't update in real time i was downloading the same torrent,at the when it had 40 MB left,'size left' didn't got updated for almost 3min all the while downloading was in progress.after that it suddenly got updated and showed 16MB left after a second 8 MB and then task got finished.

2.I was downloading something important,and only a little amount of data was left,so I thought of downloading even after my scheduled time,so I went settings>scheduler and allowed one more hour for download. just now I finished downloading it,so I reset the scheduler to it's previous state,but it didn't had any effect at all! tasks where continued to download/upload they are supposed to halt all operations,at least that's how it used happen in the previous version when scheduler is changed 'not to download' in the current hour.

3.even though I disabled all the has check in the advanced option bitcomet still does the has check upon completion of a task

4.while adding a torrent, if any of the file from a torrent is banned from downloading,after hitting download now, everything gets reset and all files are allowed to download.I was able to only ban files after adding the task.

5.after the update on my second run,pressing close (X) button attempts to close the aplcation insted of minimizing it to the system tray, I checked the settings it still says clicking the close button, will minimize it to tray.

UPDATE :

6.when a magnet link is clicked (in chrome) it starts the bitcomet and opens the 'create new bit-torrent task' window,selecting one of the tagged directory or giving it manually, won't assign that directory to the task. instead the directory is shown in grayed text in 'save path' field .and upon clicking 'Download Now' a popup messages says path can't be empty. only after typing something in the save path field, assigns desired directory to the task.

UPDATE :

7.when clicked on the running task, sometimes info pane loads the comment tab, instead of summary tab which I selected in 'default detailed info pane'.

8.while a task is running hovering on the taskbar icon not only shows pop-up panel but also loads main window.

9.changes made in the scheduler won't take any effect until bitcomet is restarted(identical to the 2nd bug I reported here, just more defined)

12: up and down arrow to orderly queue the task won't work anymore.

PS: I've been posting here for several days now,there is chance that some of these might not be a bug,so if you encounter any of the above issue just leave a replay that you encountered it.

12: up and down arrow to orderly queue the task won't work anymore.

Are you talking about moving tasks in the Task List?

They work in the new beta.

I suggest that you always verify your findings, against the last available version, which in this case is the beta. Because it's pointless to report a bug that's already been addressed.

Are you talking about moving tasks in the Task List?

They work in the new beta.

I suggest that you always verify your findings, against the last available version, which in this case is the beta. Because it's pointless to report a bug that's already been addressed.

I do actually but how did I missed it?,I didn't know about the new beta version,I didn't see any notification here in the forum, definitely not in beta test.anyway I will go ahead an download new beta version.man....I need go through all these again.137 views nobody noticed it :( thanks for the heads up wiz,other wise I would be ranting infinitely about these bugs and wondering why i'm not getting any replay even after several days.

Edited by puttachinku (see edit history)

I'm not sure what Ariel's been doing these days, but I can see that at least some of the previously reported bugs have been addressed in the last beta.

Therefore, either the bugs have been reported from here towards the team but she didn't notify us of that or perhaps the same bugs were reported on the Chinese forums.

Either way, it's good that at least some of them are being ironed out already.

1. "size left" column does delay in displaying while number in summery tab is working fine. This has been reproduced by dev team and they will try to fix it.

2. As I ask the dev team, scheduler now can work fine after you restart the task or BitComet.

3. Did you change any other config in advanced option? Dev team find it working fine on win xp and win7 64bit os when they only disabled hash check option.

4. This bug has been fixed in the latest beta version.

5. We have received several same report, but this only appreaed once when my teammates tried to reproduce it. They are still working hard on this issue.

6. Actually BitComet didn't support chrome browser, but my teammates are willing to have a test. Which chrome version are you using?

7. Dev team can't reproduce this situation, they will keep testing.

8. Can you provide a capture on this one? still can't be reproduced.

9. same to Q2, the dev team promise they will make certain changes on scheduler.

11. the capture has been sent to dev team, right now they testing on this one.

12. It works on the newest beta version.

Thank you so much for the feedback :)

3. ya,I changed couple of options, here a screenshot

post-54333-13230562246521.png

7.this seems working fine in the beta version :)

8.I'm not sure you follow me, actually when we place our cursor on the task it shows a popup message right? but in bitcomet 1.3 it also loads the main bitcomet window.but it's not happening in the new beta version so no worries :)

10.this issue is similar to #5 only difference is it happens when selected close to system tray in right click context menu of title bar.hear is screen shot clarify,

post-54333-13230564984213.png

6.google chrome 15.0.874.121 m.this seems to be fixed in the new beta version however there is a new bug arose in the new beta version

13.in (option>BiTorrent)

post-54333-13230567576958.png

this option was working fine in bitcomet 1.3, in new beta it failed to load 'display task properties dialog' instead it shows create new BitTorent task dialog.

• 2 weeks later...