To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrent fails to reload and stays at 0 seeds and 0 peers

toc1000

Hi,

I have had this problem several times with various heavily-seeded torrents that should not lack for seeds/peers.

I would usually download a torrent or several files of it, and remove upon successful completion.

Later on, I'd reload the same torrent to download more files, but the number of seeds and peers stays at exactly 0/0. No matter what. Even as other torrents download as usual, without abnormality.

I've tried the usual attempts: (1) rebooting the PC, (2) deleting and redownloading the torrent, and so forth. No luck.

1) I am currently using Bitcomet 1.29 (but also had the same problem with 1.30, but did a rollback due to preference.)

2) I connect via ethernet. Very fast, no problems, although I do not know the technical details of this particular connection. No router or modem; I just plug the ethernet cable into the wall socket.

3) I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows firewall, and do not have antivirus.

Edited by toc1000 (see edit history)

Well, you say "later on".

Do you have any objective evidence that later when you add the torrent to your Task List again, it still has any seeders?

What does the Trackers tab say at that point?

Does it display any detected peers?

If so, then just PM any member staff with one or two links of such a torrent so that we may test it.

Right now, it shows the following under Seeds/Peers[all]:

0/0[0/0]

It simply sits at 0/0[0/0] without ever showing a single peer or seed, despite restart and other attempted intervention.

The current torrent with problem is "Great Science Textbooks of 2007 16-DVD Volume Set" and is 74GB. A link is:

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2056425/005184877190/

It is hugely popular and one of those torrent that many peers & seeds would pop up almost immediately, and go jet-fast.

I don't think it's a problem with the specific torrent because (1) I have had this problem several times with other different, popular torrents; (2) It always happens only after a reload.

1)it's a torrent file which exceeds 1mb, bigger torrent such as these known to have troubles (highly hypothetical)

2)it's not seeded as good as you think. in that site of yours it says 22 seeders and 122 leachers. further more I check it in torrentz.com and according to that there are 30 seeders and 177 leachers.

3)it could be the result of improper download/upload speed cap settings,which you didn't mentioned.

4)you are accessing P2P swarm,without an antivirus software!! it could be the reason

5)did you tried downloading that task alone,without running other simultaneous torrent tasks?

I just tried this torrent a bit of info for wizard

it's private torrent, it has only one tracker currently having 29 seeders 153 peers, tracker returned with 50 peers, I've got 4 seeds. it took a while to start downloading, it's downloading at a speed of about 20KB/sec it took a lot time to get that speed.best guess it's a issue of low seed.

Edited by puttachinku (see edit history)

4)you are accessing P2P swarm,without an antivirus software!! it could be the reason

I ran an AV several days ago, probably not infected (yet).

Anyhow, to address the specific points:

1. I have not set any upload or download limits.

2. I have tried several times to download that task alone - did not make a difference.

3. I am satisfied with whatever rate it downloads at - seemed fast enough to me, at least. Problem is, it gets absolutely nothing (the other torrents run fine, meanwhile.)

You know, I really, really love repeating myself.

What does the Trackers tab say at that point?

Does it display any detected peers?

If I can't trust you to read and reply punctually to a little simple post, how can I ever trust you to fairly observe and report back with any accuracy what's happening?

Therefore, you better post a screenshot of BitComet with that torrent visible and the Trackers tab selected.

So by "Tracker tab" you were actually referring to the tab labelled "Advanced". I see. Cause I spend my time digging around in torrent manuals learning the geek-speak, have nothing better to do. Stick to fixing the bugs in 1.3 - thanks. I'll get my files another time.

So by "Tracker tab" you were actually referring to the tab labelled "Advanced". I see.

No, I don't think you see.

I was referring actually to the Trackers tab from the Detailed Info Pane which is in fact right under the Task List in this place, which by the way is a very visible one. It didn't require you to read any manuals.

V.1.30 may have some bugs but so far there isn't a confirmed bug which relates to what you describe.

The torrent you posted works fine and returns several dozen peers from the first minute.

Therefore, if you don't feel like troubleshooting, well... then you started waisting your time and ours from the very moment you posted.

We're nothing but BitComet users here, volunteering some of our time trying to help others who are willing to take the time to learn how the software they use actually works.

Nonetheless, you won't find here someone who will come at your home to fix your issue, nor really hold your hand through the process, especially if you come up with an attitude.