To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

lost download

I'm afraid your question doesn't actually make much sense. Want to try again? Are you saying that you have a partially-completed download which has stopped for some reason, that you want to resume? Also, have you checked the FAQ (linked at the top of the page)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I recently accepted a download of a new version of BitComet.

When new version loaded, it failed to list any of my cuurent downloads.

I got an error message saying something like: failed to find...

The uncompleted downloads are certainly there, how do I restart them now?

%userprofile% is a Windows environment variable NOT a filename.

In the topic I linked you to, it is part of the PATH towards the folder where the files you need to access reside, NOT part of the file name. If you have trouble comprehending that much, I doubt you'll have a very easy time understanding everything else that's in there. I'm not trying to bash you, just stating that it seems you need more hand-holding than we can probably provide here. You might want to ask a friend/relative who is more skilled in computers to read and interpret the topic for you.

Anyways, just so you understand this particular aspect, depending on the Windows version you use the %userprofile% variable resolves to different paths, but it will always end up containing YOUR Windows ACCOUNT name in it.

For instance if you are using Windows XP installed on volume C:\ and the name of the account you're using is John then %userprofile% will equal C:\Documents and Settings\John.

That variable was put there so that everyone, upon reading, will replace it with the equivalent path on their computers.

If you don't know where on your computer your account folder resides just open a command prompt and type:

cd %userprofile%

Whatever you'll get in front of the ">" symbol it's the path represented by the %userprofile% variable.