To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

**IGNORE** WAN IP Address Blocked

EDIT: PLEASE IGNORE TOPIC - I FIGURED IT OUT 2 MINUTES LATER BUT DON'T SEE OPTION TO DELETE POST!

What version of BitComet are you using? - BitComet 1.29

What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? - UVerse (VDSL)

Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

I have a residential gateway (2Wire 3801HGV)

I have a wireless connection to several devices, however my SonyVAIO PC is connected via cable to a NetGear 8-Port Gigabit Switch which is connected to the wall

What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows XP - Media Center Edition SP3

Windows Firewall

No Anti-Virus Protection (shame on me ... I know)

I followed the port-forwarding instructions to no avail ... The IP which is blocked is my "Broadband" IP address (99.3.1XX.XXX) and not the IP address that comes up when I execute ipconfig/all ... When I pull up my 2Wire settings page, the blocked IP address is the one listed under "Broadband", and not the other one which is listed under "LAN"

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank You

Edited by BabyGorda (see edit history)

For the benefit of other members, what it is she discovered is that her computer operates within her own local network (LAN) and uses a local IP address, so the purpose of portforwarding is to get connections addressed to her WAN IP translated to her LAN IP, and it's normal for windows to only see the LAN IP because it's not directly connected to the internet.

Glad you solved your problem, and don't worry about the post, it may yet help someone.