To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloads stop with VPN connected (proXPN)

I am on Windows 7, connect to the Internet with a Network Adapter on a D-Link wireless router. I just installed Bit Comet, forwarded the BitComet port in the router and opened the port in the Windows Firewall as well ( both TCP and UDP).

I don't have any other software with firewall. Bit Comet works fine, but ALL the downloads stop when I connect to the VPN (proXPN).

I should mention that I have created a static IP address using the LAN IP showing in the IPCONFIG in the Command Prompt ( IP 192.168....etc) but I was wondering whether I should perhaps use the VPN IP instead as a Static address or use this IP somewhere else in the BitComet configuration.

It seems that NONE of the free VPN I tried so far work with any of the BitTorrents applications I have tried so far. U Torrent was working fine without the VPN, so I might as well discard BitComet and go back to U Torrents, which I have been using for a few years. The only thing I find better in Bit Comet, though, is the interface and I wouldn't minfd to keep if I ca get it working with the VPN.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Ittiandro

I don't think you'll get a free vpn service to work. I'm kind of surprised anyone would expect one to.

If you want to use a vpn connection, you'll need to buy one. Regarding your choice of clients, there are many things bitcomet can do that others cannot, the differences in the interface are trivial, you really should look at the LTseed, cross protocol and multiple protocol downloading, as well as other options that make bitcomet superior, but if all you want to do is run an ordinary torrent, then any client will do.