To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Hi, I have a problem with CometBird 9.0.1: when I watch a streamed video, for example on youtube, the buffering breaks up after a few seconds and doesn't restart. Sometimes, if I reload the page, it works again but very often this doesn't work.

I monitored the net activity during this issue and there was no incoming traffic.

I use a GPRS connection and proxy settings but I have this problem only with CometBird, on my Firefox4 with the same settings everything works fine.

Except this issue I prefer your browser because it's much lighter and works better on my old hardware, so I hope there is someone who can help me to solve this problem.

I hope you will excuse my bad english.

Regards

Edited by CyberExplorer (see edit history)

Aside from some cosmetic changes, some extensions and tweaks, cometbird IS firefox, so if they behave different when playing flash video, then I'd suspect your version of adobe flash is different, or the settings are different. I'd try updating flash, and if I recall, there is an option to allow flash to store data on your local system, this should help the performance. You may also find it works better if you're not running flash on multiple browsers at the same time.