To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet for Mac please!

Gabripj

Hello, i love bitcomet! He is the best download manager and torrent client i have see in years... But dont have a mac version yet.... Please make a version for mac i really want a good dl manager for mac and not have!!!

Sell on mac app store! I will buy certainly!!!

Sorry for my bad english! Thank you for attention

Sell on mac app store! I will buy certainly!!!

Selling is not an option for any bittorrent client. The license agreement to use bittorrent protocol requires it to be freeware. Some rogue apps have sold clients by bundling them with very minimal support services, usually without the permission of the app they bundle with, but these are scams. The only bittorrent client I know of that has a paid version is uTorrent. They have a version they sell that has some bundled apps integrated with the client such as video encoding. I'm not sure but I think all the bundled apps are freeware, so I can't see a reason to pay for it, and I think anyone doing this coule easily get shutdown by the owners of bittorrent protocol, but since the owner actually own utorrent too, I imagine they aren't going to do anything about it. I do wonder if in doing this that they open the doors for other retail torrent clients. I sure hope not, it was intended to be free and I'd like to see it stay that way.

Regarding a mac version, it would be nice, but the development team hasn't shown any interest in making multiple platform clients.