To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

MPCStar Video Settings

Installed MPCStar and Media Player Classic, wanting to try both and see which was better, and the difference is that MPC has a sharper picture than MPCStar. When I tinkered with the video settings of MPCStar, I still wasn't able to get the same sharp picture as MPC. Any advise on what settings I should use? Preferably values..

And when is an update going to come out. The player hasn't been updated since last year. Makes me feel left behind.

MPCStar is an implementation of TigerPlayer, which is freeware, but not open-source. Updates happen if, when and as TigerPlayer is updated, which is out of BItComet's control.

"Sharper" is about as imprecise a term as I can think of. The settings that you probably ought to be tinkering with are the filter's, as this will have a lot more effect than the player's settings.

Well I basically installed CCCP Codec and I also have K-Lite pack, and according to the video decoder config, all the visible filters are there. From AviSynth to Warpsharp. I think it only has an effect on the MPC but not on Tigerplayer. Any advise?

MPCStar will tell you, in the fileinfo, which filter it is using for any given file. Once you know that, you will need to find the controls for that filter and play with them. MPCStar does include some filters, but they are not its own filters -- they're PD like the ones in the codec packs. The problem I have found with KLite is that there are filters which conflict with each other. CCCP has tools that should help you to clean these conflicts up.

Let me add that these are not common problems -- most people don't have them. I really recommend against installing multiple codec packs, and one of the main reasons for the existence of CCCP is the existence of K-Lite. Cleaning out filters is a stone b****. I'd just about rather reformat and reinstall.

You have to look at each individual file, and figure out which filter it is using. Then you have to learn how to manipulate that filter to achieve the effects you want. I don't have any issues with the default appearance most of the time.