To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

100% completed videofiles only showing as "File"

netnoob

Hi there, thanks for checking out my post.

First, let me say that I have VLC, Theorica Divx ;-) Codecs, etc. etc. Playing video-files is no problem, I "only" have to double-click the movie I want to watch, then choose what program from a list, THEN choose VLC and THEN there's this last message that pops up and asks me if I'm sure I want to open this. The option "always do this" is grayed out in both of those error-messages, and I'm starting to get a little tired of doing this over and over again, hehe :P

I'm not complaining about your program, I love BitComet, and always have! It's probably not even anything wrong with it IT, just my computer/settings ..or something..

Sorry, my English kinda sucks, I will upload a picture that shows what I mean :P

I guess my question is: is there a way to make BitComet turn the 100% downloaded and completed torrents into for example .mp4's instead of just "File"? Would really appreciate help here, it has never been a problem with earlier patches :P

..again: thanks for reading!

post-97591-0-11645200-1336655265.jpg

There has been some discussion about this. BC is evidently creating the file using the magnet link name, instead of waiting until it has downloaded the .torrent file and taking the names from that. You can either wait for the .torrent to be loaded (usually happens quickly), add the file extension yourself afterwards, or downgrade to a previous version that doesn't seem to have this problem as often.