To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitCometExtension Failed, Components.classes['@bitcomet.com/BitCometExtension;1'] is undefined error

"BitCometExtension Failed, Components.classes['@bitcomet.com/BitCometExtension;1'] is undefined!"

I get this error when trying to save files via "Download this file with Bitcomet" through Firefox 13.0.1

I have recently reimaged my laptop and cannot seem to get Bitcomet working.

Bitcomet was working fine before I reloaded my laptop software to factory default (but I was probably using an earlier version of Firefox).

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

Bitcomet 1.32 32 bit version - but I have also tried the 64 bit version & Bitcomet V1.31 & 1.30.

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

ADSL

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

Netgear DG834GU

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.

N/A

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows 7, Avast, IOBit Malware, Spybot, Windows Firewall.

Any ideas would be appreciated :-)

Basically mozilla has gone insane changing version numbers from 3 to 13 in just over a year, and each time they do it renders all extensions obsolete. This is completely unnecessary and in the case of bitcomet, the developers just don't have the time to redo all the work everytime firefox changes to a new major version so your best option is to get an older version of firefox, use a different browser, or just don't use the bitcomet extension until an update is released.

Someone should be by to tell you the most recent version that is supported by your version of bitcomet soon.