To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

snapshot

i love bit comet best program but i need to know

is there any problem to your servers if you increase the snapshot number or make the number up to user

because some time i have big series and i want to see more snapshot of the last episodes in the end

thanks for help

If this was upto the end user it would only be an option of how many you submit for others to view AFTER the download is complete. The purpose of the snapshots is to confirm what you are downloading really is what it claims to be. When snapshots are available it's because someone using bitcomet has already downloaded it and submitted them, so even if you were able to select a larger number, it would only help the next person in line, wouldn't help you at all because by the time you submit them, the download is complete. If the number is increased on every torrent, that's about a half million torrents per day, and we're talking about a freeware app. I don't know where the funds to purchase many more servers would come from, nor do I see any pressing need, as usually one or two snapshots will be enough to confirm the download.

If you have a compelling reason that such an expansion would be useful to users, then feel free to share it.