To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP and Score/Rating

scoughty

This depends, if you have LTseed disabled and anonymous download enabled, you won't be uploading any data, but you will get points for being online and if you have other tasks uploading you should easily be able to reach the max points per day limit. It would be nice if you were able to get credit for the data the vip servers upload on your behalf, but that would really complicate things and currently the development team has enough issues to work on without trying to add that level of interaction, but maybe in a year or so if all goes well we can request something like this. Another easier alternative might be offering some points with each vip purchase. This wouldn't require any massively complicated interaction, just a simple assumption that on average each vip user uploads at very least the same amount they download.

I'll probably offer such a suggestion myself, but I don't think it would be appropriate to offer more incentives with the purchase until the system advances out of beta phase.