To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Invalid Download??

DannLea

Any ideas?

Yes, providing more information, otherwise I can only guess at what you may have done.

Without full disclosure from you I can't be sure if this info will help or even apply to you but you can try this...

Stop using magnet links and download and open the torrent before opening, or if you use magnet links allow bitcomet enough time to quarry the file names before you initiate the download.

To use the file with no extension, just add the .rar on the end of the file but you'll need to enable viewing of file extensions in windows first. I posted a guide on doing this in the forum many years ago and you should have no problem finding it. You can also open files without extension in a program like winrar by selecting the option to "show all files" when browsing for a file to open. A file without an extension will work fine, the extension's only job is to identify what's in the file so your system will know what software to use when you open it.

• Like 1

Yes, providing more information, otherwise I can only guess at what you may have done.

Without full disclosure from you I can't be sure if this info will help or even apply to you but you can try this...

Stop using magnet links and download and open the torrent before opening, or if you use magnet links allow bitcomet enough time to quarry the file names before you initiate the download.

To use the file with no extension, just add the .rar on the end of the file but you'll need to enable viewing of file extensions in windows first. I posted a guide on doing this in the forum many years ago and you should have no problem finding it. You can also open files without extension in a program like winrar by selecting the option to "show all files" when browsing for a file to open. A file without an extension will work fine, the extension's only job is to identify what's in the file so your system will know what software to use when you open it.

That's it! Thanks!