To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet keeps slowing down

When I donwload something it starts off normally, downloading at about 3000kb/s. Then after about a minute the download drops off significantly to about 30kb/s. When I click the stop button, the thing freezes for a second and I get a "Disk Busy" message and then the whole thing crashes.

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

I'm using windows 7.

When I donwload something it starts off normally, downloading at about 3000kb/s. Then after about a minute the download drops off significantly to about 30kb/s. When I click the stop button, the thing freezes for a second and I get a "Disk Busy" message and then the whole thing crashes.

Any information on this would be much appreciated.

I'm using windows 7.

Sorry, I didn't add all the information

Bitcomet 64-bit 1.32 stable release

Verizon internet, not sure what kind that is. fiber optics and what not,

All the needed Ports are forwarded and everything needed doing is done on the router and modem

AVG protection

speedtest.net says I have about 10mb/s download speed and 18mb/s upload

This slowdown is very new. It just started today. A few days ago this never happened.

This could be a problem with your harddrive or file system on your computer, or it could simply be that the data is coming in faster than your disc can handle. I'd recommend checking your disc for errors but if it's just a case of normal disc overload it can usually be stopped by increasing the size of your disc cache. This will increase the ram memory usage but I find it necessary with most fibre optic connections. The only other real solution would be to reduce the max download speeds to an amount your disc can handle without overload.