To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download Speed 0kbps

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

broadband (4G)

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

i do have a modem.

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?

window xp sp3 , window firewall and avira free antivirus. window 32bit

i am having a problem with my download speed now. initially the file that i was downloading around 4-18kbps. but after i changed some of the settings which helps me to get the green light, my download speed become 0. i also tried to download another torrent which results me 0 kbps download speed.

heres the statistic:

Up Time: 0:14:56

Overall Tasks: Total: 1 / Running: 1

TCP Connections: Established: 19 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 9 [MAX:10]

LAN IP: 10.1.1.1

WAN IP: 120.141.157.166

Listen Port of TCP: 6999 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 6999 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Added

Overall Download Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Memory Usage: Working Set: 57.48 MB, Commit Size: 43.30 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 275.33 MB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 5.51 GB, Virtual: 1.83 GB

Disk Cache Size: 0 B (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Read: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Actual Disk Write: 0 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 0.0%

Total Downloaded: 500.29 MB (this session: 3.41 KB)

Total Uploaded: 1.90 MB (this session: 25.07 KB)

p/s:i reached my internet quota before i started my downloading.

Am I correct in understanding that you have a green light on your WAN port and you are using a mobile broadband connection? If so this is unusual, I've never seen a mobile broadband that allows incoming connections.

Assuming that you do have a fully working bi-directional internet connection, then we should look at the task you're trying to download. Is it seeded? how many peers and seeds are listed in bitcomet and how many are you connected to?

i am using broadband which is 4G(?).

No, the term broadband describes virtually every type of internet connections other than the old fashion dialup that has been obsolete since last millenium. The term "4G" is used to describe the fourth generation of mobile phone internet connections. This type of conection can allow you to connect to the internet from many locations, in your car, your friends house, or anywhere that your mobile carrier offers service. It can be a handy way to get on the Net but it's really not a full internet connection because the user is firewalled and no p2p peers can establish a connection. Imagine a telephone without a ringer, you can talk to anyone but no one can call you, you have to call them, and by the time you realize they exist, they may no longer be interested in peers to trade with.

Other popular types of internet are DSL, aDSL, Cable, FiOS (fiber optic).

If your WAN light is green you probably don't have a mobile broadband.

Also, if you want the problem resolved it's best not to ignore the questions.

how many peers and seeds are listed in bitcomet and how many are you connected to?

The green light not always there. It does become yellow light for awhile and back to green. this process repeated many times.

i tried 2 different file,

file 1

seed: 0 of 0 connected

peers: 0 of 7198 connected

file 2

seed: 0 of 0 connected

peers: 0 of 38 connected.

p/s: my internet reached it's quota. however i am still managed to download 28.1% of the file 2.