To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Private Tracker Error

So here's all my info to start off:

1) What version of BitComet are you using? 64-bit 1.36

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? Comcast Cable (25 D/L, 5 U/L)

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port? Comcast Cable Modem, Netgear N300 Router, Ports are forwarded.

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.

One Computer, one router, one modem. All Wired. Comcast Modem runs an ethernet cable to Netgear modem, which runs an ethernet to computer.

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows 7 (SP1), Avast Antivirus(no firewall), Windows Firewall (with applications allowed (ie BitComet), MalwareBytes and Peerblock installed but both disabled and problem persists.

6) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.).

Any torrent from specific private tracker (cgpeers.com) I checked and others are able to download at the moment.

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.

Speeds are good as listed above.

Alright on to the problem. Getting this error when downloading any file from cgpeers:

2013-09-13 23:40:54 Tracker connection error: 10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I've searched and found others with similar problems but unresolved, or can't find a fix myself. Other sites (ie kickass) work fine but not this private tracker. I don't have another private tracker to test with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just registered on that tracker and got the same error. I tried running the same torrent in uTorrent and it also generates a tracker failure.

I can tell you that there is no problem using bitcomet on private trackers but there are some private trackers that don't include it in their list of allowed clients. I've messaged the tracker's sysop to ask if they have and clients that aren't allowed on their tracker. I'll see what I can figure out but in the meantime I think it's safe to assume this isn't a problem with your computer or bitcomet.

After leaving the torrent running it finally was able to connect to the tracker and completed the download. I suspect the tracker was just unresponsive before. This tracker seems be be in beta testing so it's normal to expect outages like this.

After leaving the torrent running it finally was able to connect to the tracker and completed the download. I suspect the tracker was just unresponsive before. This tracker seems be be in beta testing so it's normal to expect outages like this.

I'm up and running now too...good to see I'm all set on my end...thanks for your time :)