To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

my BitComet doesn't default or open automatically when d/l torrent

fbdebombchef

For some reason when I double clik on a torrent icon it doesn't automatically open bitcomet and let me start to d/l, it sends the torrent to "my downloads" and it is a pain to locate it and drag it into BitComet to d/l..I have used BitComet for three years and never had this problem till recently. I can't even right clik and "open with BitComet" anymore....what can I do??

thank you,

John "de bomb" Chef

This is a browser issue, if you use a browser that bitcomet integrates with you can have the torrents automatically open but most users prefer to download the torrent then open it with bitcomet.

Without knowing what browser you use it would be difficult to help you further, but once the torrent is downloaded you should be able to double click the file and have it open in your default client.If bitcomet isn't currently your default client you can change that in the options, or if you right click on any torrent there is an option for "open with" and when you select bitcomet there should be an option to always do this with this type of file. The exact procedure will vary depending on your windows version.