To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

avast Virus Scan....

here is what I want:

Bitcomet to scan every file type (.* or *.*)

I am not sure how to set it up though.

Any help I found does not explain how to setup for all file types, and it ignores the execute parameter setting.

Here is what I have in my Virus Scan settings:

- Checked Box - Perform a virus scan upon finishing task download.

Anti-virus path: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashQuick.exe (are you sure there isn't a thourough scan?)

Execute Parameter: %1 (I just guessed that)

Extension file types which will be scanned: .* (I am not sure about this, I never found proper instructions)

I don't think its working, I watched as a download completed and I could not see a scan being performed, I even checked my avast scan log and found no scans.

Can anyone help me?

(Most important is the Execute Parameter and File extensions, and then the avast quick scan vs. thourough if possible)

Thanks,

Doogie!

Edited by DoogIeLand (see edit history)

I think you'll need to get the commandline parameters from avast, as for quick vs thorough, a quick scan checks only certain files, thorough checks the whole drive and I'm sure you don't want that.

Also understand that bitcomet offers this option so you can customize it to work with your antivirus, but there is no way the developers can know exactly what commandline scripts are needed for a host of ever changing antivirus programs, I've seen some that it recognized and would setup automatically, but most will not so you're going to have to do some research on how your software works and if you get the commands right, bitcomet can initiate the scans.

I'd try Avast forum or support site and inquire what commandline options are available, but I'll also warn you that many people find it annoying when it works as a command prompt window will open up everytime a file completes and if you're in the middle of doing something it can be annoying.