To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet 1.40 no more final hash verification

tails1

Hello, I just upgraded to version 1.40 and noticed that at the end of the download of every new torrent there is no more the usual automatic verification of the hash, so at this point I believe I could expect some errors in the files of a downloaded torrent.

There is something I can do, for example changing something in the options?

Thanks.

I hadn't noticed this, you can confirm that you have the option enabled for the final redundant hash check. It's usually not required, but I do agree it's a good idea to confirm the content is 100% perfect. For things like video or audio is usually doesn't matter, but for apps if even one byte is out of place it could make them unstable.

Of course you can also do the hash check manually by stopping the torrent, "right click" and select "manual hash check".

Let me know if you can get this sorted out, if not I'll try to reproduce the problem and if it can be confirmed I'll pass it on to development.

• Like 1

The option "bittorrent hash check on finished" was put on "false".

Surely I have not modified it that way by myself.

Now I have put it on "true", so I think the problem is solved, but maybe the initial cause is the update to 1.40 version.

I don't know for sure, I can remember that before, in the past versions, the hash check was always active.

Thanks for the answer. :-)

• 3 months later...

I hadn't noticed this, you can confirm that you have the option enabled for the final redundant hash check. It's usually not required, but I do agree it's a good idea to confirm the content is 100% perfect. For things like video or audio is usually doesn't matter, but for apps if even one byte is out of place it could make them unstable.

Of course you can also do the hash check manually by stopping the torrent, "right click" and select "manual hash check".

Let me know if you can get this sorted out, if not I'll try to reproduce the problem and if it can be confirmed I'll pass it on to development.