To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Incomplete Downloads

Please read this...

http://wiki.bitcomet.com/known_client_issues_and_incompatibilities#my_file_download_stops_at_9xx__what_can_i_do_about_that

This link will help you to understand the reasons why torrents sometimes don't finish, but I can see by your screenshot that none of these tasks have any seeds, therefore will never complete, but since they are video files and are nearly complete they may play ok with only minor artifacts, but the most common reason for peers that don't have the full 100% is when people disable things like "samples", or .nfo files. If someone disables such files from downloading that means they will never have 100% of the torrent and without at least one peer that has 100%, no one can finish.

You can play incomplete video files by pressing the "preview button" in bitcomet, or you can open the file in your favorite player, but if you have enabled the option to use the .bc! file extension on incomplete files, you may need to rename the extension for your player to recognize them as video files.

I also experience this problem, i live in rural area with NO broadband so I do a lot of torrenting at the public library. many times a d/l will stop at 99.x % and nothing works to make it finish. HOWEVER if i go to another location such as a friends house or use my cell phone as a hotspot these unfinished files WILL finish almost immediately.

what gives? is there anything that can be done ti remedy this issue?

also its not always all the files, sometimes 8 of 10 will finish, and other times only 2 of 10 will finish.

I also experience this problem, i live in rural area with NO broadband so I do a lot of torrenting at the public library. many times a d/l will stop at 99.x % and nothing works to make it finish. HOWEVER if i go to another location such as a friends house or use my cell phone as a hotspot these unfinished files WILL finish almost immediately.

what gives? is there anything that can be done ti remedy this issue?

also its not always all the files, sometimes 8 of 10 will finish, and other times only 2 of 10 will finish.

Your issue seems unrelated to this topic, the fact that it works fine on a regular connection but sometimes it won't complete on the public internet could be because many people block IPs from public internets. This could make it more difficult to find seeders. It's also possible the public internet is damaging certain pieces, or it could be as simple as having a blocked listening port. It's more difficult to get an active connection with a peer if your port is blocked and there is little hope of getting a dedicated port on a public internet, in fact most don't allow p2p downloading at all so won't be of any help.