To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

v1.42 in windows 7x64

What's happened? The new version requires up to 2 GB of RAM and 25% CPU. When I right click on the movie there is an additional load on the processor and the total CPU up to 50%, besides the right button works only in the first few minutes after the start of the v1.42

v1.42 only has a small change to accommodate high resolution monitors so shouldn't effect the amount of memory used, but 1.41 had a significant change...

Core Improve: increase default disk cache limit from 50 MB to half of total memory, up to 1GB

This could increase ram usage upto about 1gb increase depending on your system, but you can easily change the disc cache setting to a lower amount, however this change was made for a good reason and was long overdue. With the fast connection speeds available today most harddrives cannot write the data fast enough so the additional disc cache can prevent disc overload.

As for your "right click" problems, I cannot confirm this, have you installed any new video codecs lately?

v1.42 only has a small change to accommodate high resolution monitors so shouldn't effect the amount of memory used, but 1.41 had a significant change...

Core Improve: increase default disk cache limit from 50 MB to half of total memory, up to 1GB

This could increase ram usage upto about 1gb increase depending on your system, but you can easily change the disc cache setting to a lower amount, however this change was made for a good reason and was long overdue. With the fast connection speeds available today most harddrives cannot write the data fast enough so the additional disc cache can prevent disc overload.

As for your "right click" problems, I cannot confirm this, have you installed any new video codecs lately?

Before v1.42 I used v1.37 and I have not had any problems

I use windows 7x64

Then it's normal to use more ram if you went from 137 to 142 if you were using the default 50mb cache size. You can adjust the size back down to any level you like, but it's going to make your harddrive work much harder.

Also, we still don't know how much ram or anything else about your system, knowing it's win 7x64 doesn't tell us a lot. Our forum staff spent many hours on refining a list of minimum questions we need answers to before we can begin to help anyone and put the topic pinned in plain sight with links to it all through the forum including in my own signature. We will not phish for info, the basic info is upto the member to provide, and from what you've provided my guess is the disc cache is the reason you're seeing more ram usage, try adjusting it down to a level you're happy with, or you are free to go back to 137 or any other version. Unlike other clients BitComet offers all our versions back to day one in our archives, the link is also in my signature.