To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Updated Info For This BitComet Error

I didn't notice the introductory post before (Whoops!). Here's a revised post on this strange issue;

• I'm using version 1.42.
  • I have no idea what type of internet connection I'm using, though I doubt that's important for my particular dilemma.
  • Don't know anything about my router, but again, I doubt it's important to this.
  • Running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). Have AVG Zen (I guess. Half the time it says AVG Zen, half the time the word "Zen" is nowhere to be found), build 1.82.2.30772.

PC Specs:

• Manufacturer: Dell
  • Model: Optiplex XE2
  • Processor: Intel® Core i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz
  • Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Now with all of that out of the way, I'd like to explain the situation itself. I've had this computer for over a year now, and at least a month after getting it, I installed BitComet. It worked perfectly fine the whole way through, but about a month or two ago it stopped working. All of a sudden whenever I open it up, I get this error. I've already reinstalled it, but that didn't help.

I believe this started sometime after I got a new graphics card, though I can't see how that would cause a... non-graphical (?) program to stop working. If anybody has any insight on what might be the problem here, I would appreciate it.

I'm not sure why bitcomet is crashing, but something obvious changed between when you first install and when this problem began. Did you install any software or remove anything like malware or security threats? did you install any codecs when this happened?