To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

W T F !!! FusionCore.K Malware attached to latest release!!

papahuge

This is a false positive. I've scanned with the most reliable anti virus programs which all say it's clean. What your AV detects is "Install Core", a program that allows BitComet to be bundled with other apps, but since they can all be selected or deselected during install, it's not malware. Among these bundled programs are things like the yahoo toolbar which is not malware either and is a handy app which many love and it does provide a small level of income for bitcomet to help keep the doors open, but you are not required to install if if you don't want it. Although it is possible to use install core to install good or bad software, but the more reliable anti virus and anti malware programs will look past installcore and judge the app on the merits of the bundled software, rather than just claiming any app that uses it is bad. In the same way a truck can be used to rob a bank, but that doesn't mean trucks are all bad.

This is a false positive. I've scanned with the most reliable anti virus programs which all say it's clean. What your AV detects is "Install Core", a program that allows BitComet to be bundled with other apps, but since they can all be selected or deselected during install, it's not malware. Among these bundled programs are things like the yahoo toolbar which is not malware either and is a handy app which many love and it does provide a small level of income for bitcomet to help keep the doors open, but you are not required to install if if you don't want it. Although it is possible to use install core to install good or bad software, but the more reliable anti virus and anti malware programs will look past installcore and judge the app on the merits of the bundled software, rather than just claiming any app that uses it is bad. In the same way a truck can be used to rob a bank, but that doesn't mean trucks are all bad.

"most reliable anti virus programs.." LOL OKAY and I'm supposed to believe that s***, that you guys are so nice and clean and play by the rules ?!?!?! f*** THAT!!! You're full of s***.

ESET is reliable as f***. Your program is s***. Bundling yahoo toolbars is a scumbag move in the firstplace. No wonder everyone calls your client s***, cause you are f*** faces that bundle trash with your builds. SHADY f****** s***. CLEAN UP UR ACT FOOLS.

"it's not malware" - the age old cry of the scumbag scam artist.

Feel free to stop using BitComet if you don't like it, or feel free to decline the install of the yahoo toolbar if you don't want to use it.

Also, since I'm not an employee of Bitcomet and speaking solely as a fellow bitcomet user I can say that anyone who uses language like yourself isn't welcome here, and using my authority as admin I will enforce this, so go find another client and see if they take this kind of childish behavior in their forum.

For other members reading this, if you go to TotalVirus.com you can scan BitComet with 56 of the most popular virus and malware detectors, which 53 of them correctly list it as clean, and 2 of them detect and correctly list "Installcore", which is a legitimate tool and is only considered malware if it installs malware, or doesn't give the user the option to decline any bundled apps, and only one "ESET" detects (incorrectly) FusionCore. If a user wants to use ESET that is fine, but you'll have to get used to researching any detections it finds unlike some of the other major players like Kaspersky, Mcafee, Symantec, Microsoft, and others that test further to confirm Installcore is used properly and don't offer any malware, nor force install of any other app, malicious or otherwise.

If any member wants to have a civilized discussion about this without any childish rants, they can send me a PM and I'll consider reopening the topic, but for now I'm not going to allow this to continue.

Also if you research other clients you'll notice that uTorrent has used installcore for sometime, and without adding this legit app BitComet wouldn't be able to continue development and this forum would be forced to close. BitComet will always be free, but there are costs involved and I believe yahoo pays a few pennies for each person who opts to install their toolbar which can provide you with daily news, links to products and discount codes for things you shop for. Many people like it. I personally don't use it, but there is nothing malicious about it, and it can be easily removed if you try it and don't like it. Also if you use bitcomet's homepage it also provides a few pennies to help support BitComet, or if anyone would like to make a contribution to help support development, let me know and I'll give you their paypal address.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...