To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

(Bitcomet 1.45 64bit) Floating Windows Doesn't show (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)

Like the title said, my Bitcomet 1.45 64-bit doesn't show the floating windows on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit desktop, although I already enable it at View > Floating Windows. Hope there fix for this bug because my Bitcomet 1.45 64-bit on my windows 7 doesn't have any problem.

p1.jpg

It seems to work fine here (W10 Pro Build 15063). There were some problems with BC in Windows 10 pro (failure of disk boost service and so on) which didn't really have much effect on performance. This was down to W 10 and not BC however

Keep in mind though that there is a major upgrade of W 10 due in a couple of days (Creator Edition) which does remedy some of the earlier problems. MS  have said the roll-out is scheduled to begin on 11th April (but may take a few days to get everyone)

Just as an update: I've installed the Release Candidate (W 10 Pro 1703 Build 16170) and both Disk Boot Service and Floating windows work. As I said in the previous post, this was a Windows problem and not a BitComet one which will be fixed when the new build goes on release in a few days time.

• 5 months later...

Last night I run "BitCometService.exe" manually and this morning after two accidental resize of BC, floating window just appeared out of nowhere. :)

I tried exiting and start again, it is now staying where it should be. :) :)

Don't know what's happening but it's just started working without any windows update or change in windows anything.

And still in statistics: Disk Boost Service:    Not Installed

Edited by getlucky1989khan (see edit history)

Build 15063 was the RTM version of 1703 (Creators Upgrade) and, there was a problem with the Disk Boost Service. The current fast ring version is 16299 and Redstone 3 (the next upgrade) is wue in a couple of weeks.