To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

While downloading movies with Bitcomet, it plays delete videos instead

I'm having a serious issue, same problem that this person has from another forum found on Google.

Sorry for my late response. I deleted the file just with Shift+Del or just Del and then emptying the recycle bin. So I deleted it from Windows Explorer. I'll try to be more clear:

When i'm downloading a video, i often preview it with the KMPlayer just to be sure it's not a fake file. Off course I do this long before it is done downloading (still has to download like 97%). Sometimes having 3% of the data is not enough for KMPlayer to actually preview the video. In that case, the KMPlayer will just crash or give me an error (like it should), but sometimes it will start playing a video I deleted long ago. So for example: when I'm trying to preview a COPS episode (which i'm downloading at that very moment), it will start playing a deleted Simpsons episode. The Simpsons episode was deleted a few weeks ago so it shouldn't even be readable for the KMPlayer. A workaround would be shredding your videos instead of just deleting them.

It seems that if I disable "Add .bc! file extension to unfinished file" option from Bitcomet while I'm downloading an entire Season of a random TV show, the program will make previews of thumbs from other TV shows, documentaries or even movies that were deleted months ago and to be more precise 4-6 months. The thing is that it can play those videos even 2h length movies Bluray (6-10GB) on a 700MB file video with the same quality. Sometimes the previews that Bitcomet makes takes from other videos that I still inside my PC and can be also played. I tried to fix this by resetting Bitcomet settings, but it does it again by choosing other videos that they no longer exist in my PC.

However, once the video is complete from download it will play the episode from the actual TV-show I've downloaded a minute ago. Is like Bitcomet makes previews from old stuff until the torrent is complete. I don't want to use .bc option to "mask" this issue because I want sometimes to see the video while downloading or open .rar / .zip files directly and not waiting until is finished for the .bc extension to vanish.

Edited by GaryVault (see edit history)

sounds like you haven't downloaded enough to properly preview. When this mode is enabled it downloads the first and last piece first, and the center is filled with old data. When you download more that old data will be overwritten