Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Separate the display name from the torrent name

Samariz

Separate the display name from the torrents name  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Yes or No ?

Hello,

I upload my torrents on 2 tracker, one private, and one not .

So everytime i upload a torrent i need 2 separate torrent, for the same media.

So always x2 same torrents in my list.

I would like to rename torrents display name in bitcomet list, without editing the media name.

For change the entire name or just add if its my private tracker or not.

if I understand you, the best option would be to put the contents for the public torrent in a folder we will call "folder a" and then place folder a inside a folder named "folder b". Now make your public torrent using folder a, and your private torrent using folder b.

You can use any names you like for these folders and the result is you are seeding from the same files and each torrent will have a unique name

2 minutes ago, The UnUsual Suspect said:

if I understand you, the best option would be to put the contents for the public torrent in a folder we will call "folder a" and then place folder a inside a folder named "folder b". Now make your public torrent using folder a, and your private torrent using folder b.

You can use any names you like for these folders and the result is you are seeding from the same files and each torrent will have a unique name

That will double the space taken, and its not only for my private / not private torrent.

When i download an anime , i always create a folder with anime name, then i name the torrent "season 1"   "season2"

So i have a lot of that in my list, that why, be able to change display name would be very awesome

What did i do ? it take the Subfolder name as display name

ul3diDH.png    SoKoiFH.png

22 hours ago, The UnUsual Suspect said:

Eagleu !

it won't double the space, for example put files in 

c:/downloads/private tracker A/files/

Then make one torrent of the "private tracker a" folder, and a second torrent of the "files" folder. Both torrents will have the same files but the private tracker torrent will have them one level deeper.

You can name the folders anything you want so you'll know which torrent is which.

39 minutes ago, The UnUsual Suspect said:

it won't double the space, for example put files in 

c:/downloads/private tracker A/files/

Then make one torrent of the "private tracker a" folder, and a second torrent of the "files" folder. Both torrents will have the same files but the private tracker torrent will have them one level deeper.

You can name the folders anything you want so you'll know which torrent is which.

Yes, its right for this , but Like i said when i download an anime (this problem is not related to private tracker s*** i said above), i create a folder with the name of the anime, and then a folder for the season " D:\Anime\"Anime_Name"\Season 1"  ,  So that it is more tidy and more easy to navigate rather then stock all episode in one folder, and so Bitcomet take the name of the season folder,  I know i could stock everything in the Anime_name folder but like i said its more tidy and easy to navigate when its in Season folder, for example one piece and his 19 seasons, or the same with TV show like doctor who and his 36 seasons o_o (btw that just examples) So it would be more ergonomic to be able to change the display name in Bitcomet.(I think ),   (Plz do this) 

Edited by Samariz (see edit history)

I don't think you understand how this works. Bitcomet must follow bittorrent transfer protocol, and although assigning nicknames to each task may be doable, it's not necessary  and I thing the odds of getting the developing team to do it is highly improbable, especially since you can accomplish this by adding a folder and probably also by using NTFS options to link the files to two folders so they will appear twice, but only exist once. I'd never use this option, but I think it will work 

NTFS virtual folder

This will allow you to virtually have the files in two locations, but I'd probably forget how I set it up and how to undo it when I'm done seeding the torrent/s, but should do exactly what you are asking, but my first suggestion is easier.

Here is a suggested method...

Change this directory  D:\Anime\"Anime_Name"\Season 1

to  D:\Anime\"Anime_NameP"\"Anime_Name"\Season 1

Then make one torrent named "Anime_Name" and opt to include subfolders, then a second torrent of folder "Anime_NameP"

The former torrent will contain \"Anime_Name"\Season 1 and the latter will contain \"Anime_NameP"\"Anime_Name"\Season 1 and the former torrent name "Anime_Name" and the latter torrent's name, "Anime_NameP". This should accomplish exactly what you want.

An alternative, enable the private tracker column in the main pane, then when you have both torrents with the same name and one will say "yes" on the private torrent torrent, so you can easily tell them apart. 

Huuu, i already know NTFS , humm, well i think i should try to use a software like Mycollections to catalog my anime , series ... instead of windows explorer and just dump everything in Anime_Name folder.

But i think its would be realy better to be able to add nickname in bitcomet because , like , sometime for example i download many times the same anime, one in mkv flac, one in mp4 ... and it would be good to know inside bitcomet what is what without having to mess with command prompt for hours because you have 6 Tb of things you need to link to another directory.

Well that was my last argument i think :d

4 hours ago, The UnUsual Suspect said:

it's not necessary

And I do not think that because it is not necessary this should not be done, i mean  the preview is not necessary , snapshots are not necessary , comments are not necessary , Emule is not necessary ... Bitcomet is clearly the Bittorent client with the most of not necessary things , and i think all that things was not very easy to code, and a nickname huuu , well its just a nickname xd , at the end little not necessary thing + little not necessary thing .. make the software look better and give more possibility to the users.

Edited by Samariz (see edit history)