To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Client Errors

Hello,

I've recently encountered errors that i've never had before (didn't change anything before I encountered the problems, for instance: updating the bitcomet software, buy new router, change settings etc).

My download/upload speeds are severly reduced, where i went from 40mb/s (max) to 500kb/s (max)- this fluctuates, but is the most common maximum limit. Sometimes it goes up to 5 mb/s. (Still a big reduction from 40mb/s). 

Some stuff i have noticed, that might help explain the error further:

1. For some reason i usually have connectivity issues with the bitcomet client (for instance when i check for updates, i get the error that i can't connect to the bitcomet client. Can't provide the exact message, since it works atm). The bitcomet version was 1.49, but i thought upgrading it to 1.50 might help. The only way for me to do this, was to go to the bitcomet webpage and download 1.50 from there. Didn't help.  

2. The port is blocked (yellow light), but it has been that way ever since I started using bitcomet. I thought port forwarding could help (make sense), but I got a static ip address, and also forwarded the correct port, and still have a yellow light (port blocked). 

3. Magnet links doesn't always work at the get-go, i have to exit bitcomet and reopen it for them to work. Also when I exit bitcomet, and reopen it, the download speed are usually higher for a minute or so, before it goes down again- sometimes to 0kb/s. 

Hope you guys have any idea what the problem is and that you can help me! Thank you for the answers!

On 6/1/2018 at 1:15 PM, gamerzmofo said:

2. The port is blocked (yellow light), but it has been that way ever since I started using bitcomet. I thought port forwarding could help (make sense), but I got a static ip address, and also forwarded the correct port, and still have a yellow light (port blocked).

Have you tried looking at canyouseeme.org? Perhaps you have another (or several) firewall(s) enabled that you're not aware of.

On 6/1/2018 at 1:15 PM, gamerzmofo said:

3. Magnet links doesn't always work at the get-go, i have to exit bitcomet and reopen it for them to work. Also when I exit bitcomet, and reopen it, the download speed are usually higher for a minute or so, before it goes down again- sometimes to 0kb/s. 

Not starting right away is quite normal, with magnet links...it usually takes a little bit longer than a regular torrent that is well-seeded. As for the download speed being higher at the very beginning, that's also quite normal - it's the time that your client is interchanging "handshakes" with other clients and seeing wether you are mutually compatible (reliable, speedy, etc.) with one another.

On 6/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, cassie said:

Have you tried looking at canyouseeme.org? Perhaps you have another (or several) firewall(s) enabled that you're not aware of.

Not starting right away is quite normal, with magnet links...it usually takes a little bit longer than a regular torrent that is well-seeded. As for the download speed being higher at the very beginning, that's also quite normal - it's the time that your client is interchanging "handshakes" with other clients and seeing wether you are mutually compatible (reliable, speedy, etc.) with one another.

Good idea to check canyouseeme.org, got the following message: I could not see your service on "my ip address",  and the chosen port. Reason: Connection Timed out. So that could explain my crappy speed. I also remembered i have 3 Routers connected with each other so that explains why it Port forwarding doesn't work by only port forwarding one router. I'll try to fix that asap. Although I still believe it is something else, since it started to happen randomly, without any changes. I'll let you know when I've port forwarded the other 2 routers successfully. 

I know magnet links are slower, but my point was that I had to close and reopen bitcomet for them to work at all. The downloads are actually worse now, it only works for the first minute and then completely goes down to 0kb/s and stay there. Again could be the port forwarding stuff, considering i got the error: Connection timed out.