To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

UDP blocked

Recently switched to a new router and ISP provider since I changed homes. Router is Netgear D6220, ISP is Mate Communicate. According to bitcomet udp is blocked by firewall/router. Windows firewall is set to allow the port in question through udp and tcp and even with the firewall off I still get that message. Upnp is working on the router and receives and opens the port request that bitcomet sends but still udp is blocked. Ive also tried setting static ip and manually forwarding the ports and still no udp. Here's a part that leads me to suspect is isp, though not sure if they ever block udp? After a factory reset, the modem connected to internet straight away and udp connected. Then I can a request to authenticate the connection through my web browser. After I use my isp login details on the internet section of router, udp stops connecting. Do isp's ever block udp? Im confident the port is open at the router but something else is interfering.

It's hard to say but I usually set my ports at a high number (five figures) that aren't common or used for anything else. Did you try setting UDP and TCP to two different values?

One reason for two ports is that, if you use the emule plugin, it needs both.

However, if you are using a VPN, that can operate on a completely different port - did you check to see if that's the case?