To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

goodtime212

I started with Bit Comet many, many years ago from the address goodtime212@hotmail.com. I have forgotten the password

and changed my email address. Hotmail  seems to have stopped working. I don't want to lose my record and lose my status having

my PC open and available for leech's to download the stuff that I have got.

Any ideas anybody?

Ray (goodtime212)

On 8/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, raycooke212@goodtime212 said:

I started with Bit Comet many, many years ago from the address goodtime212@hotmail.com. I have forgotten the password

and changed my email address.

It happens to all of us, at one point or another. By any chance, did you use a browser where you could store your password (and did you)?

Hotmail  seems to have stopped working.

That was the same reason that I, personally, changed everything over to gmail. I agonised for a couple of days, while I set all of my hotmail accounts to forward everything over to the new gmail account (including old messages), and just (gradually) updated my contacts' Profiles to the new gmail account... I'm not sure if you could still do something similar, with your accounts (perhaps using the Import function??)...

I don't want to lose my record and lose my status having my PC open and available for leech's to download the stuff that I have got.

I understand your concern with regards to your Status (even though the points are just for fun) but I'm not sure about your concern with the leechers...Unless you have BitComet running, how would they have access to your upload/download tasks? Perhaps I'm not understanding your post clearly???

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 12:42 AM, cassie said:

It happens to all of us, at one point or another. By any chance, did you use a browser where you could store your password (and did you)?

That was the same reason that I, personally, changed everything over to gmail. I agonised for a couple of days, while I set all of my hotmail accounts to forward everything over to the new gmail account (including old messages), and just (gradually) updated my contacts' Profiles to the new gmail account... I'm not sure if you could still do something similar, with your accounts (perhaps using the Import function??)...

I understand your concern with regards to your Status (even though the points are just for fun) but I'm not sure about your concern with the leechers...Unless you have BitComet running, how would they have access to your upload/download tasks? Perhaps I'm not understanding your post clearly???