To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cant install bitcomet

kingkow

Tried to reinstall bitcomet but there's a error: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

I have google this problem and tried IsShortcut method, but not working. Anyone can help me solve this?

That sounds as if you were trying to install from a .torrent file. What it means is that, whatever you are trying to run doesn't have anything installed that is capable of opening it.

Did you try a new download from the main website? Do that first and then run it

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

First of all, you are responding to a post that is seven months old

That's known as 'necro-posting'. The question was answered back than, as there waas no comeback on it, it's safe to assume the fix suggested worked

Secondly, there is no point in fetching a file from the archive - that mainly consists of older versions. The link I gave is the current one and the archived version is identical to that

• 1 year later...

Thanks Benben. Was having trouble installing with the link that was on the site's main page. Used your trick and it worked like a charm. Though the original post's problem might have been solved, your quote unquote necro posting saved me a lot of headache. 

Maybe relax a little from time to time, Rhubarb.