To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Feature Request

You do know that if you hit the 'X' in the top right corner (NOT the 'Exit' on the menu bar) it goes into invisible mode (it's still running but you don't see it). In fact the only time you should see it is if you're adding a torrent (or clicking on 'Forum' to get here)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, Rhubarb said:

You do know that if you hit the 'X' in the top right corner (NOT the 'Exit' on the menu bar) it goes into invisible mode (it's still running but you don't see it). In fact the only time you should see it is if you're adding a torrent (or clicking on 'Forum' to get here)

That's just mean... 😞

But what about when we do heavy work? I downloaded and reuploaded a lot of torrents, and it took me all night. You can easily get headaches just from few minutes of exposure, and I stayed up all night with it in front of me.

I'm not trying to be mean either.

But I suggest this: Let the community help. We can create a Theme for you, and you just add the option to import it. It's a free project is it not?

Put a sticky announcement about accepting community themes for it, that will be added in X release. But after consulting with the devs of course. 👍❤️

• 2 years later...

Hello all. I came to the forum after so many years and wanted to request for Dark Theme. And I see that there are already many posts about it.

So, not to worry, I have read moderator and tech support staff answers "Remember guys, the devs work on this in their spare time - no-one is paid so non-critical upgrades will have to wait while other, more urgent, things are fixed".

I understand and I do appreciate the hard work in the app where I will elaborate further below.

Still, I wish to put in my request to let the developers know that I would love Dark Theme in this app, and can't wait for the day it will arrive, if ever. I understand it is not critical feature, not important and is the lowest priority so I am not demanding anything. I can live with it even if it will never happen 😭

Furthermore, the above suggestion by Lucian2020 is interesting. If there is a way for community to help, it could happen (faster). Of course, the developers have to create "official mod support" feature first, so it will still take time and effort, before the community can assist and the developers actually see the fruits of it. But if there is enough community interest, talent and support, who knows, it can decrease the load of the developers in the long run. Just a food for thought! 🙂

At the same time, I take the opportunity now to thank the developers and volunteers on this really awesome torrent client!! Like... my goodness, the features are plenty and very fast. I am a developer myself, and although I did not learn or code in C++, after learning coding foundation, I understand now why the client is so fast because of the strengths of the programming language. BitComet is my favourite torrent client!

I have tried a few clients like qTorrent, Deluge, utorrent, bittorrent, and they are not as good, as fast, as feature-rich as BitComet. No matter how many antivirus software, anti-malware software, or even VirusTotal that detect bitcomet as dangerous, contains PUP or detected as malicious(?), I have seen how this app has grown and it is quite impressive to see the list of changes from the version change log. That is a LOT of work solving bugs and creating new features, constantly.

So thank you for your passion and dedication, BitComet team! 🦾🙆‍♂️

To be serious, there are more critical things than a fancy 'dark mode'- the false positive that has A/V apps hitting on the installer (although that's more down to an over-enthusiastic a/v than anything else)

The 'dark theme' request has hbeen going almost as long as Windoze 10 really and the devs know about it - the fact that it still isn't here shows how 'important' they think it is.

• 4 months later...

but to scuff people up for simply asking, that's unnecessary. I'd say.

If the request has come up so many times you are sick of seeing and hearing about it, then have a thread about it, and/or use a form response.

This feature request has been noted, and taken under advisement. While a popular request, it's importance does not yet rank up with the critical needs of the program we all enjoy.

That was simple even for me. *Pro-tip you can copy paste that response right there.