To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet ain't opening

BitComet v1.74
My OS:Windows 10

Glitch: BitComet IS running in the background but is not openable or accessible

I have 7 torrents downloading as of now. BitComet 64-bit is running in the background (Task manager). I know that the movies are downloading in the background(since my WiFi speed is lowered and my laptop's heating), however I am unable to open BitComet. It isn't in the Hidden icons section, and it doesn't show up in the Alt+tab screen, and is neither in my taskbar. I have downloaded a wrong movie and I wanna pause it and delete it, but since I can't open BitTorrent I can't pause the download and delete it. This happened to me some months ago and I thought to myself that I would open BitComet after all the torrents are downloaded. However, I couldn't open it then and after this glitch occurs, I can't seem to open BitComet at all unless I restart my laptop.  

Go to the area at the right of the task bar (the one that gas the volume control, etc. Click on the ^ and you should see a small panel with the running apps. Double click Bit Comet in that and it should open. Oncethat's done you should then be able to pin it to the task bar

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 5:35 AM, Rhubarb said:

Go to the area at the right of the task bar (the one that gas the volume control, etc. Click on the ^ and you should see a small panel with the running apps. Double click Bit Comet in that and it should open. Oncethat's done you should then be able to pin it to the task bar

it not showing there.

All programs running are there except BitComet.

And its still running.

I dont want to force close it as I may lose the torrent list I have, which is HUGE

Help!!

You will have to close it in the long run. Wait until the download has finished and go google for 'Revo Uninstaller' (use the demo version in moderate mode) - then do a clean installation