To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to increase the number of seeds/peers for a mirror link?

Went downloading some heavy files, the original URL die, fortunaly, i had a mirror link and is on the last parts of the file, but is going really slow thanks to the fact that the mirror link only have 4 peers, how can in increase the limit for the mirror seeds/peers?

Edited by Juan D (see edit history)

Seeds and peers are simply what is available. You can't 'increase' them - just hope that someone who has the complete file (or the missing parts) comes online .

The info is in the .torrent file you downloaded (which contains the trackers). You could add more trackers manually, but there's now ay of knowing what files are available via any particular tracker

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 9:54 PM, Juan D said:

Went downloading some heavy files, the original URL die, fortunaly, i had a mirror link and is on the last parts of the file, but is going really slow thanks to the fact that the mirror link only have 4 peers, how can in increase the limit for the mirror seeds/peers?

As @Rhubarb explains, it all depends on how many people are Seeding the file your trying too download.

Try different times of the day, for me living in the UK, I find downloading during the night turns up more Seeds.

You have to consider not everyone Uploads/Seeds 24/7.

• Like 1