To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Listen port blocked

khannoonian

Hi everyone

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem but have been unsuccessful and it's getting really frustrating now.

My pc hasn't changed, nor has my bt smart hub 2 router, but yesterday bitcomet said the listen port is blocked. I have tried lots of different suggestions but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Check the router again. It's possible that BT did an online 'upgrade'.

Also, make sure that you are NOT using DHCP between router and computer - in network setup, properties, set the computer to have a fixed ip (in the lines of 192,168,0,### and manually set the gateway and the DNS servers. In the router set ports to a range of values (10 is usually enough) linked to the IP address you gave the computer

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

The ports must be set in both windows firewall and the hub/router with matching ports on the PC. You also need a fixed IP number with both TCP and UDP ports opened

ports.jpg

17 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

The ports must be set in both windows firewall and the hub/router with matching ports on the PC. You also need a fixed IP number with both TCP and UDP ports opened

ports.jpg

I'm using macOS Big Sur. 

There was no "Port blocked" problem until someday I signed in and changed some settings of BitComet.

"...I signed in and changed some settings..."

The OS isn't relevant - the ROUTER is.

Port setting is in options - if you changed that value, you need to reset it to the original value or set your router to match the value set.