To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Grouping tasks

goosfraba

I'd like to ask for a task grouping feature. Sometimes I have 150+ tasks running at the same time and a grouping feature would be nice to collapse these tasks into groups (or packages). Anybody that has used JDownloader, for example, is familiar to that. You can select multiple tasks and group them into a package, rename it as you please, helps you organize your task list.

I have attached an image as an example (green is the group or package, red are the tasks or torrents that we have in our list already).

task grouping.png

Edited by goosfraba (see edit history)

The only thing you can do with a torrent client is to set up different folders. With BC you can select any particular folder for a given download. For example, you can make a 'Linux' folder and when you start the torrent, in properties you can say what folder you want it stored in

Lol, that's why I'm asking for a new feature. I know I can setup different folders for a torrent, that's not a solution at all. 

BC has a tagging feature that other clients doesn't have, and it doesn't have anything to do with torrents at all. It could be any kind of data source: a list of files, a list of movies, a list of tasks. Regardless of the type of data source, this feature filters the items. In BC is was implemented to filter the torrent list, which has torrent tasks. So it's just like the feature that I'm asking for, a grouping feature to group the torrents tasks. Nothing to do with torrents itself, but with the front-end of the software, to improve the presentation of data.

I've been using BC since 2005, and this is something that have always bothered me, because I end up stop seending files just because I don't want to scroll through a giant list of tasks all the time. I could be seeding a file for years, but after some weeks I just end up deleting it from the list.

I know it's a low priority feature, but BC has almost the same data presentation for nearly 20 years. Sometime you gotta change and make some improvements...

Edited by goosfraba (see edit history)