To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How bitcommet check the external IP?

Hi there.

My ISP doesn't provide global IPv4 address, So I can only use IPv6 as income address and the check of port is green.

But for some reason I need to use clash proxy on my router.

I've setup my router to bypass the income port of bitcomet, but it shows the my router's IPv6 address as the external IP, and the port check turned orange.

I want to know how bitcommet get my external IP,  so that I can set it as bypass address/port in my proxy

17 minutes ago, Rhubarb said:

Can you set a block of ports to be open and also set a local net with IPv4 addresses?

If you can, then set BC to use that address and any of the assigned ports

Do you means set a block port in clash proxy?

I have a static IPv4 address with 192.168.10.xx

But how can it make BC port issue turned green?

Use a web browser to open your router and go to settings. There should be a part which allows you to specify ports that are permitted. Pick a number like 12345 - 12355 and allocate that block of 10 ports to your static IP.

Then in BitComet, set the port number to a number in that range

On 3/12/2022 at 9:28 PM, Rhubarb said:

Use a web browser to open your router and go to settings. There should be a part which allows you to specify ports that are permitted. Pick a number like 12345 - 12355 and allocate that block of 10 ports to your static IP.

Then in BitComet, set the port number to a number in that range

I've done it at first actually.

The incoming port of BC is opened in my router. I could see my Global Address in peers list if I start a new download from another machine in the same network.

But the light in the Lower right corner of BC still keep orange, right click the light and the menu shows my router's IPv6 address.