To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

i played with the tasks section in the options section and now i can' t get my torrents backs

I have a lot of torrents getting downloaded and usually after my bitcomet crashes ( failed to load tasklist)i just  rehash one by one.

Usually i would get back the file at  its old level ( ex:  liverpool- arsenal at 57% completed) but now its gone i have to download every file from the start.

what are the proper settings i have to put back in the task sections of options in bitcomet ?

check in users/<yourname>/appdata/roaming/bitcomet and replace the .xml file with the backup copy (it has the same name - just remove the .bak after deleting the old one)

It's a hidden folder so you may need to set 'view' to show hidden files

3 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

check in users/<yourname>/appdata/roaming/bitcomet and replace the .xml file with the backup copy (it has the same name - just remove the .bak after deleting the old one)

It's a hidden folder so you may need to set 'view' to show hidden files

I don't know what 'diamond' symbol you're talking about - the only time I've seen that is when several files are queued for a hash check and it goes away after the check is completed.

It's really just a 'this file is in a queue' marker

Exactly !! before my problem start, if a torrent filed was incomplet, i would  have a circle next to it like when they are completed but a temporary diamond symbol as it is being downloaded again until it reached its incomplete level of 575 for example.

How do i get this back .The screen shot i post is what i am seeing right now. help !!

That ONLY happens if there are two or more files requiring a hash check at the same time. It's just a 'wait until I finish the other job before I start' icon - nothing more than that.

If you aren't seeing it, it just means there are no queued operations

It's the symbol for 'on queue' - nothing else. What you may have done is to change the permitted number of concurrent downloads so that all downloadsare starting immediately..

For example, if you set the maximum to '2', then trying to download three at a time would result in two downloading and the third 'on queue'. If you have more than one file going through hashing after the download, then, again, you get the 'diamond'

That's ALL that the 'diamond' represents - an item in a queue

The (2) is the torrent itself - not the file but the only way you would get that is by downloading the same .rorrent more than once. Simply clicking on the already present.torrent file will restart a download. If the file is there already (or partially there) the softweare will tell you and ask if you want to overwrite  or to hash the file and then continue.