To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Misleading: Win32 / Lodi

dds

Misleading: Win32 / Lodi detected and removed from pc

When I try to reinstall it, it is detected again and cannot be installed.

Even if this is a false positive, you cannot use it with confidence as long as a warning is issued

False positives are down to the a/v and not BitComet. It's a very common occurence with the system for installing the app

Read these links for more information

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Misleading:Win32/Lodi!MSR&ThreatID=260123

If it's deleted and not installed, it won't do anything so there should not be any problem. Also, while the installer app does give false positives if the bundled software is selected, I can't say that I've come cross that warning before.

I take it you installed from the official site and not from a third party site

2 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

誤検知は、BitCometではなくa/vにあります。これは、アプリをインストールするためのシステムで非常によくあることです

詳細については、これらのリンクをお読みください

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Misleading:Win32/Lodi!MSR&ThreatID=260123

削除してインストールしないと何も起こらないので問題ありません。また、バンドルされたソフトウェアが選択されている場合、インストーラーアプリは誤検知を出しますが、以前にその警告に遭遇したとは言えません。

サードパーティのサイトではなく、公式サイトからインストールしたものを使用します

Even if you reinstall BitComet, it will be deleted. 
So BitComet can't be used anymore

2 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

誤検知は、BitCometではなくa/vにあります。これは、アプリをインストールするためのシステムで非常によくあることです

詳細については、これらのリンクをお読みください

削除してインストールしないと何も起こらないので問題ありません。また、バンドルされたソフトウェアが選択されている場合、インストーラーアプリは誤検知を出しますが、以前にその警告に遭遇したとは言えません。

サードパーティのサイトではなく、公式サイトからインストールしたものを使用します

Even if you reinstall BitComet, it will be deleted. 
So BitComet can't be used anymore

1 hour ago, Rhubarb said:

BitCometとは何の関係もありません

So why is it detected when BitComet is installed?

It will be detected by downloading from the official website

PLEASE read the links I gave you. It' s NOT apart of BitComet

Run the install and reject tne reject the optional programs. The bundled apps set up a flag in some anti-virus apps.

3 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

PLEASE read the links I gave you. It' s NOT apart of BitComet

Run the install and reject tne reject the optional programs. The bundled apps set up a flag in some anti-virus apps.

Misleading: Win32 / Lodi is set as bad and BitComet is not safe to use when it is detected, isn't it?

Is it safe to turn off the antivirus app and avoid it?

I am trying to update Bitcomet (on Windows 10) from the Bitcomet menu "Help" > "Check for updates" and I get the same warnings, even though I reject all the optional programs.

Here are the affected items, according Windows Security:

Affected items:

• containerfile: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\is-OECOE.tmp\BitComet_1.91_setup.exe
  • file: C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe
  • file: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\is-OECOE.tmp\BitComet_1.91_setup.exe->(nsis-6-0)#1
  • file: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\is-OECOE.tmp\BitComet_1.91_setup.exe->(nsis-6-s)

I understand that the "BitComet_1.91_setup.exe" could be identified as an adware, since it is the installation package that also contains the optional programs.

However, the "BitComet.exe" file in Program Files should not contain any adware, since I rejected the optional programs. How do you explain that?

Will you PLEASE try to understand. 'Lodi' is NOT part of, nor has it ever been,part of BitComet.

You probably have a virus on your computer and it has NOTHING to do with BitComet.

Uninstall the program using Revo Uninstall in moderate mode (it is free for 30 day use), run your anti-virus and then do a CLEAN installation