To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Lost TCP/IP connection

mawes

When running BitComet, I frequently loose connection to both WAN and LAN addresses. Nothing works but BitComet! I can ping internet servers, such as google or any other site, but I cannot access them, so it is obviousely not a DNS problem . A tracert gives seems quite OK as well. I cannot even access my own router on the LAN (192.168.0.1), but I can ping it... My Skype connection is lost as well. If I end BitComet everything is working after a while (Skype and the Skype phone application needs to be restarted). The obvious reason must be that BitComet somehow requires all TCP/IP resources, as both WAN and LAN resources can be pinged and tracerouted without problems detected. Has anyone experienced this kind of problems? To be noted is that these problems did no occut before I started to use BitComet...

If you don't cap BC's maximum upload speed, it can easily take over all of a home broadband connection's upstream pipe and leave no room for anything else to get through. This is why BC itself tells you to limit it. Follow the procedure in the settings guide carefully, make sure you do your speed test according to the instructions on the site, and make sure you keep your units straight when converting them for BC.