To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

PC hangs when I open new task

I am using bitcomet 0.7 on my new computer.

Recently I found that if I open a new download task while downloading (by double-clicking on a new torrent file), after a few seconds my pc hangs (needs to cut off power). Why is it so?

I remember that this problem existed when I was using my old computer (bitcomet 0.68), but my brother's doesn't have this problem. So is it related to my personal settings? Or insufficient RAM?

Please help.

How long does it hang for? Have you tried doing other tasks and just leaving BitComet alone for a while? Does it eventually start responding again? (It may take several minutes.)

How long does it hang for? Have you tried doing other tasks and just leaving BitComet alone for a while? Does it eventually start responding again? (It may take several minutes.)

Thanks for answering.

I don't think it will respond again. Every time I have to switch off the power and restart my computer.

Please help. :( :(

RAM shouldn't be a problem unless you're running with an absurdly small amount of it, but you'd be having problems with everything else as well. Still, you do need at least 512 M, and a gig would be better.

Some systems though, BitComet just doesn't seem to like. Give µtorrent a try and see if the problems go away.