To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problem to have Upnp function

tklm

My location is HKG. ISP is netvigator. They provide Internet service and Broadband TV. On the same BOX: Telepone line----BOX------TV BOX and PC.

I don't know it is a Modem, ADSL or router.

My OS is WINXP SP2 with IP tweaked to 100 connections.

In the Bitcomet preferences I did enable Upnp...but there are no remote connection.

The BC reported device not found.

Is the Box concern Upnp? not the PC and BC setting?

How to handle this issue?

Please help me!

Whether it is UPnP compatible or not, most times UPnP doesn't work anyway. So just disable it in your preferences.

You need to learn the manufacturer and the model number of the box. With that you can search for a manual that will tell you what its capabilities are.

Whether it is UPnP compatible or not, most times UPnP doesn't work anyway. So just disable it in your preferences.

You need to learn the manufacturer and the model number of the box. With that you can search for a manual that will tell you what its capabilities are.

Thanks for reply.

The brand name is NEC NTA-3110 I had search the Internet but failed, I think it is custom design for "nevigator" PCCW.

Do anyone can tell where I can get info of it.

There's nearly nothing available about it. NEC doesn't own up to it, and apparently your ISP isn't giving out manuals or info on how to connect to it.

I can't even determine for sure what it is, though guesses say it's a DSL router because it supports multiple connections. Firewall? Unknown.

Check carefully to see what software firewalls you are running. Check your BC listen port, and check that all software firewalls have an exception rule for it. Be certain. Then see if your port is open, at www.canyouseeme.org. If it is closed, you're behind a firewall you don't control, so there's not much you can do about it.

Just confirmed by PCCW that it is an ADSL.

Four external connections, One D type 9 pin connection name "console"

It did not provide firewall, or any setting option.....Less problem to interface with user.

I think the ADSL is presetted via console connection, to perform a min. function.

BTW If Upnp is not function, only local initiation is connected will it affect the download speed?

I am using WinXP Pro.