To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help Please

I'm having a probelm with me getting disconnected when I use bitcomet v.70. What happens is i'm downloading for a minute or two, the download speeds are just starting to go up, and then I lose my wireless connection, and all processes that have to do with the internet, no longer work. But the weird thing is, that it says i still have a connection of 54 mbs, and have a connection of execelent, and the only way to fix it is to manually reset the modem, which leads me to believe it's a problem with my modem. Have you had a case of this happen before? and if so could you please give me some advice on what to do, thank you.

Are you connected through a router?

Is a modem reset necessary and sufficient? Can you resolve it by rebooting the computer without resetting the modem? Can you resolve it by disconnecting the computer-modem cable, waiting for 30 seconds, then reconnecting it? If you reset the modem without rebooting the computer, does it work? If you disconnect the modem from the internet, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect, does it work?

What do the modem indicator lights show when you've lost the connection?