To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

port forward

Hi,

I'm new to bitcomet and have gone through the procedure of setting up my router as described in the how to file and then i get to the port forward part.

I've entered my static ip address into the port forward page then it asks me to enter it into my browser:

"Open a web browser like internet explorer or Netscape. Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser. In the picture above the address bar has http://www.google.com in it. Just replace all of that with the ip address of your router. By default the ip address should be set to 10.0.0.138. "

But when i do this it can't find a page and doesn't open up a window like the one descibed in the next step of the help guide.

Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Lousiepoo

Most SOHO routers have a web-based control interface (like a mini web server built in) that is accessed at a static IP address, with a web browser. Your router's manual should tell you what that IP address is, how to access its control interface. Use that address and those instructions to get in to it.