To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Trying to offer torrents which ports need opend

Code-X

Hi i am on a netgear dg814 router and checked the forums and found a guide which was helpful but I know moslty all about my router and wanting to know which ports if any need to be opend for me to seed torrents to people as I have tried to do it for the past few days with no success at all

I am trying to make a site with alot of torrents on offer but if I cant get one torrent to work no point in trying others !

Any help would be great as I am wanting my site open as soon as possible !

I get the feeling you've collapsed several symbol sets here.

Bittorrent doesn't require any particular port for its normal operations. It does want one port. Just one, except for Mainline. It doesn't care which one. So pick one that isn't conventionally used for anything else, just to avoid potential conflicts. Set that as your client's listen port.

When you connect to a tracker, your client sends information about which port it's using. The tracker returns a list of other swarm members, including which port they're using.

Decide on a port, somewhere between 49000-65535, set your client to it and open it on your router.

From the rest of your post it sounds like you don't understand the bittorrent process at all. "Site with a lot of torrents", there's no such thing. You need to bone up on basic bittorrent, what it does, how it works.

"the file in bytes"? What does that mean? And what were you expecting?

Like I said, you seem very unclear on the whole concept of what bittorrent is, and how it does what it does. You need to bone up on that.

Its ok I got it in the end what I needed to do was copy the files into the downloads folder and then create the torrent works a charm now if you would like to test and see my site is http://torrent-no1.info and its not even a 4 days old and got 320 registered members :lol: thanks alot guyz for trying to help me setup i really appreciate the effort even though I may have not made myself clear ast times