To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloading Speed Sucks!!!!

Hey!

So I downloaded bitcomet a few months ago and it is so annoying. It takes me like a week to get a movie! The files are downloading around 2kb/sec and if I'm lucky, on the odd occasion a little over 10kb/sec. I shut my firewall off in the control panel, and I even tried forwarding my ports even though I failed miserably. Oh and can I add that I have Rogers High-speed Internet!

Anyways help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

If you want your bit torrent downloads to perform well, you will need to forward the port you are using in your router.

Portforward.com has step by step guides for most routers. You will also want to set a static ip address in windows. They have a guide for that too.

I generally see download speeds from 30 to 600kB/s with 8meg broadband.

Each torrents speed will depend on the peers I am connected with.

If you then set your max upload speed to 80% of your total upload speed, then you should see much improved speeds.

I also recommend using a port between 50.000 to 60.000

Suspect

If you want your bit torrent downloads to perform well, you will need to forward the port you are using in your router.

Portforward.com has step by step guides for most routers. You will also want to set a static ip address in windows. They have a guide for that too.

I generally see download speeds from 30 to 600kB/s with 8meg broadband.

Each torrents speed will depend on the peers I am connected with.

If you then set your max upload speed to 80% of your total upload speed, then you should see much improved speeds.

I also recommend using a port between 50.000 to 60.000

Suspect

I did all this... do I have to set up all the computers on my router with a static IP or just mine?

Please read our settings guide.It may give you some help.

Can you link me?