To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

HELP!!

i'm fairly new to bit comet and what not but lately i have been downloading things on bit comet. all my files reach 100% but when i go to play the movies. etc either it looks like the files are incomplete or it crashes...can anyone help????

it wont let me attach anything but the files end in .bin and .cue

i'm fairly new to bit comet and what not but lately i have been downloading things on bit comet. all my files reach 100% but when i go to play the movies. etc either it looks like the files are incomplete or it crashes...can anyone help????

it wont let me attach anything but the files end in .bin and .cue

Dude, none of your files are incomplete. .bin files suck! I dont even know how to play them. I tried to find a program that could play them, but i failed :(. Anyway, download mpegs, mpeg 4's, avi's, real media, and wmvs they are all legit.

These are disk images, in the format that used to be widely used for CD's. There are several other disk image formats in popular use.

A disk image is just what it says - an image of the disk. There is nothing to specify what's contained in that image, it could be anything that can be put on a disk. Could be a game, a collection of MSOffice documents, a movie, an audio CD, a Linux distro, a MacOS application, anything that can be put on a disk.

If you know that it's a movie, or you know that it's an audio CD, then you can use VLC player from Videolan.org to play the image directly.

If you don't know, or don't like/want to use VLC, then you must treat it as an image. You can either burn it to a CD/R, or you can mount it in a virtual drive and use it that way. In order to mount it, you can use Daemon Tools, or you can use Alcohol 120%, both very popular applications for the purpose. There are some others.

This is also what you should do if you know that it's a game, or PDF files or anything else. Just mount it in a virtual drive, and it will act just as if you have another CD/DVD drive with a disk in it.